Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

Brian was telling me that on GAC (Great American Country) they were asking what their worst and best Valentine's Day gift had been. One girl stated that she was so thrilled when her husband gave her tickets to a Keith Urban concert. Another girl was NOT so thrilled when her husband drove her to Dollar Tree, parked, and told her to go in and pick ONE thing. Hmmmm........


So, Valentine's Day has come and gone. Candy, come and is still here, but will be gone tomorrow, whether in the trash or in the mouth. Cookies from the party are still around, unfortunately. Can't bring myself to throw those away, so I won't. But the exciting events of the day are over. And we all still love each other!!!! Amazing!




I told Brian the only thing I wanted was two small items. Nothing big. I didn't even care if it was from Family Dollar or Dollar Tree. I was specific though. Just enough to satisfy.











And I got it........











I have yet to drink the Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi, but it took so long to find it that I want to savor it. We looked at the obvious place, Maverick, to no avail. We looked at Blairs, to no avail. None at Pamida. None at Family Dollar. Brian decided maybe we better try Express Lane and we scored! Two cases and four bottles later, I was set for Valentine's Day, Birthday, St. Patty's Day, Easter, Memorial Day......





And I don't know why the Diet Wild Cherry Pepsi. I don't normally drink caffeine. I don't drink soda very often (anymore). But for some reason, it sounded SO good. Thank you Brian for your thoughtfulness!!! I shall savor it!



Simon, for some reason, was thrilled about Valentine's Day. He couldn't wait to give out his AirHead candies to his preschool class. He even made sure he had extras, just in case someone might want two. It was a great day for him.

Sheyna, on the other hand, spent her Valentine's Day on the couch. High fever and yucky nose. She didn't feel very good and could have cared less about the day until the candy came home and she wanted to be a part of that. She had her share and now she is done with that too. Back to the couch...fever up again. Such a sad day for Sheyna.

Cheston could basically care less. He was just happy to move around the house picking up the wrappers his brothers left on the floor and putting them in his mouth. There were SO many of them. BUT it kept him busy and that was what made me and him happy.

Kjelden got a Valentine he wasn't too sure about. He got home and showed me a Valentine from a girl in his class. It was this sticky, gummy thing that you can attach to windows. And it was a.....skull. Hmmmm....how very interesting. That was about all I could say about it when I saw it. How interesting. And then, of course, he had troubles with the same kid he usually has troubles with. No good Valentine's Day for him until he came home and got a Valentine's Day card from his mom. That is the first time he has given me a hug in a long time (without coaxing). I am glad it made his day.





Brayden, on the other hand, thought his Valentine's Day was very interesting. He got the most thoughtful Valentine from.....a......





GIRL!!!




There is a little girl in his class that lives right behind us. She apparently adores Brayden. I mean, who couldn't adore such a cutie!! (Even without his front tooth, he is still adorable)!

But, when he showed me the Valentine, I didn't know whether to laugh or be excited for him. His Valentine from Juli?

Something that I think I have received ONE time in my entire years of marriage. Something that I can't grow myself, but think they should be in every front yard.






FLOWERS
A beautiful bouquet of roses that she put together so thoughtfully. Hmm...not sure where she is going with that, but nonetheless, Brayden received flowers.

All in all, we had a great Valentine's Day. How was yours? Did you get that great gift you wanted?







No comments:

Post a Comment