Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Island Park Weekend


This has been our cabin of choice for the past two years as we venture on to Island Park for our much needed vacation. We love this cabin! It can hold a LOT of people. We started out our vacation with 24 people committed to go. We ended up with 18 people, which was just fine. We missed those that didn't come, but we still had fun!!!

However, my vacation wasn't quite what I would call a vacation. I still was attached to the baby, or the baby was attached to me? Anyway you look at it, Cheston got to go on vacation with us. That wouldn't have been so bad, but before we left, Sheyna got sick and in turn, so did Cheston. He felt miserable!


I felt so bad for him. This picture actually looks good. He had goobers coming out of every hole in his head, eyes, ears, nose, mouth. Phooey. Like I said, miserable. Not only that, but I was holding him at one point and decided I needed to get something out of my suitcase, so I propped him in between my legs and bent over to get whatever it was I thought I needed and dropped him to the floor....face first.

He learned to go up a few stairs...


And then back down....the hard way. He fell off this flight of stairs....o.k. the one step...and landed on the tile at the bottom. And then he decided he needed to try the second set of stairs that led to the basement. Uh....ya....all the way down. And not on his tummy, or his bum or his legs. Maybe a mixture of all three....tumble tumble tumble...all the way to the bottom. Which in turn had me and Crystal chasing after him. That didn't make for a fun few seconds. He was o.k. Just a little rug burn on his cheek and a racing heart. I knocked my glasses off my head somehow...trying to get down to him. Racing heart, racing heart, screaming. He is o.k. He is screaming. That means he isn't dead. He might have a broken arm or leg or something, but he's screaming. He isn't dead. That was what was going through my mind.


On a brighter note, Aunt Mona had him and Brinlee playing pool. They thought that was great fun. Cheston wanted all the striped balls and Brinlee wanted all the solid balls. It was too cute to pass up.



But really, was this the reason we went to Island Park? Absolutely NOT!!!

ONTO THE SNOW
This picture was taken at eye level outside the window of the cabin's main floor. The snow was absolutely amazing! We heard that is snowed at least 6-12 inches each day we were there. That's more snow than we have seen at home in a LONG time.
The icicles were amazing at Pond's Lodge where we ate lunch on Friday afternoon. My boys would have died had they seen these icicles. I wouldn't have had enough room in my freezer for all of them!!! They love to store icicles for some reason. So I had to take a picture of the icicles.


But there was definitely some snow. EVERYWHERE!!!! It was so beautiful. So quiet and peaceful...just like everything was asleep. The blanket just falling softly onto everything.

I had to get a picture of the pickup. Can you see it? It is beside the trailer on the left. Yep, that is it. Can barely see it. The snow is literally that high. The pickup is parked on "dry" ground. (Not really dry, but it is the road).
I did find a branch of a tree that didn't have any snow on it. It may have been the ONLY branch in the entire area, but it was one branch. I loved it!
And then there were the few trees that looked like this:
I just couldn't get over this look. The domed tree. I saw a couple of trees like this, but this one, I could just look at from the window. It was really kind of cool.
I found a friend while I was out taking pictures by the cabin. It was funny cause you could barely see this mutt dog. He just came to investigate. We had a few shared minutes and then he was gone, down the road to the next house.

Oh yes, we did do some riding. All I heard from all that went out was the snow was amazing!!!! It was great riding. No huge accidents took place. Everyone came back in one piece, although there were a plenty of complaints of sore muscles and tiredness. I feel bad that I didn't get any good snowmobiling pictures. First of all, my batteries (all three) for my new camera wouldn't hold a charge, and second, I just didn't feel good about leaving Cheston. SO here is the only picture I got of snowmobiling
I used our little camera and I tried to get a picture when I went out for my one hour of fun. I am not even sure who it is I took a picture of....Seth, Danielle, or Jory....

But here is to our snowmobile trip to Island Park!!!!!
It was great fun. I did enjoy myself. I read a lot, sewed a lot, played a lot of games and, amazingly enough, got off the trail and went into the meadow for the first time ever!!!!
ON TO NEXT YEAR







































2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures!! I had a great time playing games and reading also!! Thank you for inviting us!!! I had a blast playing with Cheston and Brinley even though I was sick most of the time!! I just love my nieces and nephews!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad Cheston was okay! That would scare me too!! And I'm excited to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete