Monday, March 8, 2010

This Dates Us!!!

We were driving home last night from a family function.  It was great.  The boys (including Brian) had to see how fast they could make the trip from Aunt Kathy's to the farm.  As we should ALL know that if you go 100 mph over all the hills and around the corners, it only takes less than three minutes.  Did I mention that Sheyna and I were going, "DAD?" And the boys were going "YAHOOOOOO, go some more DAD!"

That is not what dates us.  As we were driving "Leisurely" home, Kjelden wanted to listen to a CD, not the radio.  So, Brian turned on the CD that was in the player--Air Supply. "YAHOOO!!!!" As we were coming into Powell, the song "Close Your Eyes, I want to see you tonight in my sweet dreams" (I don't know the actual title) came on.  You know the song that starts out really loud and obnoxious and then is all of the sudden really quiet as the singing starts?  Yeah that one. Well, Brian had the tunes cranked (yes, to Air Supply) and Brayden thought it was pretty cool, til the singing part when both me and Brian started singing, on key, at the right time, in the right mood, etc.  He covered his head and thought he was going to die. The song got louder and so did Mom and Dad.  The song went soft, so did we.  And Brayden's head stayed in the coat.  "See my ears?  They are not listening!"

It was a hoot.  Yes, we still have an Air Supply CD, and yes, we can sing EVERY STINKIN' WORD!!!  That was one great time coming home from a family function.  And yes, that dates us!

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious!! I can picture it. Air Supply is a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Air Supply!! I had an interview of them talking and singing that I taped from the radio. I used to listen to it on an old cassette player with the sound turned down really low so I had to lay my head right on the speaker to hear it (due to the shared bedroom and all). And all of that dates ME!

    ReplyDelete