Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Punishment

O.K. so I guess I shouldn't make fun of punishment. But truly it was so funny, I just had to laugh.



Kjelden was told yesterday he needed to have a punishment for something he did wrong. Very typical, indeed. What is wrong with that? Brian and I discussed the issue when he got home last night and we ended up with this:


Three days of doing dishes, ALONE!!!

Kjelden was o.k. with it until he actually had to delve into the dishes. I rinsed them, sort of, earlier in the day and he had to take care of the rest. You would have thought I would have asked him to stick his hand in a poopy toilet and dig out a treasure of some sort.

"Can I have some plastic gloves?"

"I don't have any."

" Well, can I have some rubber gloves then?"

"I don't have any. Just stick your hand in the sink and pull out the first dish and then put it into the dishwasher."

Whine, complain, Whine, complain

"Kjelden, you can WASH your hands after you are done doing dishes."

Whine, complain, Whine, complain

"Kjelden, not only can you WASH your hands, but you even get to take a shower after you are done with the dishes. Then they will be doubly clean!"

Whine, complain, Whine, complain

"Can I at least use a towel to get the dishes out of the sink?"

No.

Whine

"Just go ahead"

So, the dishes were pulled out of the sink using a dishcloth. He couldn't even touch the dishcloth. It was going to be too close to the dirty dishes. One dish was a quart jar, used for chocolate milk. He couldn't figure out how he was going to pick that dish up without touching it. I finally told him to use TWO hands. How do you use two hands and a dish cloth to pick something up? VERY CAREFULLY!!!!

Then, the silverware was just chucked in. He couldn't touch the door of the dishwasher cause there was residue of the dirty dishes above.

OH GOOD GRIEF!!!!!

Well, we made it through the torture. Did the punishment fit the crime? You bet. When he gets done paying for the crime, I am going to explain the reason for the dirty dishes. He will figure it out, I'm sure. I guess he will definitely learn a valuable lesson.

3 comments:

  1. So funny! I'm sure if he hated it that bad then he will think twice about committing a crime again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!! That is so funny. Like I said... Cardston thinks the same thing about loading the dish washer. She hates touching the dirty dishes. Oh well, she will have enough practice when she is a mom. I will have to remember this punishment the next time one of my kids are bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one in my house that is also very grossed out by dirty dishes--it's my 41-year old! So that is something I don't often ask him to help with--he'll clear the table, put things away, but those dirty dishes........

    ReplyDelete