Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Next Step

We got the ultrasound done for this baby yesterday.  Oh what a blessing technology is.  BUT  for all of you who think ultrasounds are ultimately to find out what gender of baby you are having, you can think again.  We were in the radiology department for over an hour, belly exposed, Simon tickling my feet and Sheyna opening and shutting the door and what did we find out?

WE ARE HAVING A BABY!!!!!!

If none of you knew that by now, well, I guess you aren't paying attention.  As for the results of the ultrasound.  We saw arms and legs and feet and head and heart and spine--lots of wiggling of the baby.

And then we were done.  Nothing more.  We now know just about as much as we knew before we went in for the ultrasound.   So, as I was walking out of the hospital, I decided that a surprise WOULD be kind of exciting.  The boys, Kjelden and Brayden, however, were not too excited.  "NOW WE CAN'T FIGURE OUT A NAME!!!"  Like that is all they have to worry about for the next couple of months.  Last time I was pregnant, they kept saying, "When are WE going to go to the hospital and have the baby?" or "When we go and have this baby..."  I finally had to tell them that this was not a WE situation.

So, the next step?

-Decide on two names, boy and girl, with the help of the kids, of course
-Go to yard sales and get cute outfits that will work for both boy or girl
-Continue to get bigger and bigger
-Start feeling the kicking, inside and out (out due to children sleeping in bed with me)
-Enjoy the summer heat
-And hopefully by mid-July, know we can handle ONE more delivery and have a precious baby

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment