Thursday, October 8, 2009

Some Genuine Thoughts

I just have to tell you, kids can come up with the most awesome things to say.  Sometimes they are funny, such as the ones that Brayden comes up with QUITE often, but some are very sincere. Yet again, I must share.  They are worth remembering.

First of all, this morning, my boys were letting the dog outside to his usual morning thing and I hear from downstairs,
"Duuuude!!! Awesome! (this is Brayden, and I am assuming he is talking about the snow on the ground)
"Let's go see if that happened in the front yard!!!!"

Of course it happened in the front yard, but it was funny to hear.

The other thing was that Brayden is also thinking quite logically.  He is definitely learning in school.

While we were in Utah, Brayden was very inquisitive about Granny dying and why she looks like she is just sleeping, where does she go...etc. etc.  Good teaching experience, but he also gave us quite the teaching experience.

"Dad, do you have Granny's phone number?"

"No, Granny is gone and she doesn't have a phone number."

"Well, why can't you get Granny's phone number?"

Well, cause Granny is dead and you don't have to have phones when you die."

Silence for a moment.

"Everyone should have Granny's phone number.  They just need to pray.  Then they can ask Jesus if they can talk to Granny and then you just talk to Granny!"

Oh to have the faith of a little child.  We love our Granny so much.  The boys wanted to see Granny's body so many times while we were at the funeral.  Although it was "freaky" a little bit (cause she didn't have her glasses on), they just needed to have that little bit of closure.  I know many times, parents don't like to have their children go to viewings, but as my friends say (who are funeral directors), it is good to have that closure, even for children.  Yes, it may be a little "freaky" for them.  They don't quite look the same as they did before, but my kids now know that Granny is with our Father in Heaven and that is good enough for them.

Granny's funeral was amazingly beautiful.  I guess she had planned her funeral years ago.  She was going to have her bishop be the speaker.  Well, as the years went by, so did the bishops.  There were three bishops that spoke.  There were several songs, "Oh Danny Boy", "How Great Thou Art", "I Come to the Garden", and "Families Can Be Together Forever".

Just a few thoughts on that.  One bishop mentioned that his daughter was taught by Granny in Primary.  Granny was, in her eyes, the only way to describe the color white.  She had beautiful white hair and beautiful, radiant white skin.  When asked in her art class how she would describe the color white, all she could think of was Granny.

Another mentioned that Granny always gave her tithing with a big smile and an "I love you." He mentioned that in the scriptures (can't remember where) angels will greet you with a smile or something along those lines.  Granny was an angel.

Uncle Larry was the one that sang "I Come to the Garden".  He had a chance to sing this to her when she was in a coma.  He knew she could hear her cause when he finished the song, he wiped his tears, and then he wiped hers.  

What a blessing Granny was to all.  Such a sweet lady.  And as I have said before, she will surely be missed.


No comments:

Post a Comment