Over 15 years ago, I met a woman who would certainly place her mark on my heart. I was able to meet this woman in her hometown of Bowling Green, Kentucky. And from then on, the marks that were left on my heart were very sweet remembrances.
Granny Boone (Geneva Boone Oar) died this morning. She was such a loving person. I fell instantly in love with her positive attitude on the gospel and life. She had a great sense of humor. She loved her children so much and cared about their lives.
I loved that she was able to move to Utah where we were able to visit with her more often while we lived there. She came to our home several times and we enjoyed every visit. We enjoyed visiting her down at Aunt Linda's too.
Granny, from her grandchildren, never wanted to be called Granny Oar. That wasn't her and I didn't know her as Geneva Oar, either. It was Granny Boone. I remember getting a letter from Granny in the mail and I had NO idea who this Geneva Oar was. And then I read the inside she signed it Granny Boone.
Granny has left us for now. She is where she is needed. We will always remember Granny Boone. Even my children, as young as they are, know who Granny Boone is when we talk about her. Kjelden was very sad when I told him the news of Granny's passing.
I am so thankful for the knowledge we have of the gospel and the plan of salvation. I am also very grateful that I was able to get a picture of MY children with Granny. She just radiated happiness when the children came to visit or when she visited. And I think the happiness was reciprocated. We will miss you Granny Boone. We love you.
I am so sad to hear this, but the knowledge of the plan of salvation is wonderful!! What an awesome picture to have!
ReplyDeleteGrannys are good. I'm glad you got a picture with all your kids with her! She seems like a great lady.
ReplyDelete