We have decided it is our turn to try the potty training techniques that everyone has talked about. Actually, I have my own technique. Let them try every once in a while to go potty in the potty and then slam the underwear on them cold turkey. Isn't that nice of me? Well, for some reason, it works with our children. Simon (2) was in diapers last week. I was sure he was forever going to be in diapers because he kept saying to me "NOT UNDERWEAR" and would cry and cry. Maybe it was the rocketship thing...I don't know.
But, as of tonight, Simon has been in underwear for 4 days straight. The first day, we went through about 10 pair of underwear. The second day, two. By the third day, he had been in the same underwear all day. AND THEN........he got diahrea(I don't know how to spell that I guess).
Poor kid!!! He is doing so well with being in underwear and now he REFUSES a diaper. I have to put one on him AFTER he goes to sleep. At least for this week. This picture was taken when we sat in the bathroom for about 20 minutes while he "throw up out my bum, Mom". I felt so bad for him, but even with that problem, he has been doing well. I am not going to say there aren't going to be any accidents, such as this:
but, I am grateful for the patience we have both had with each other for the week. I don't have advice for anyone else. All I can say is that we ran out of diapers and didn't have the means to get anymore for him, so he is in underwear and is doing well.
I think that this tactic must run in the family. I am also not a pull-up user. I can make for a couple of long days with underwear at first, but it has worked for us, too. Yeah for Simon and Mommy!!
ReplyDeleteThrowing up out your bum does NOT sound fun for an adult, let alone little Simon! Poor guy! I'm so glad he is potty-training. He is wearing underwear like a champ! :)
ReplyDelete