Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Seriously?!?

So, first of all spring is finally in the air.  The air is fresh for those who like to exercise, and I for one, or finally, have that bug.  Love it!!!!  Love the fresh air. Love the exercise.  Love the few minutes (at least 30) that I have every day to just have time for me.

Seriously, today I went for a walk with my friend (the exercise thing, as stated).  I came home and as we drove up (and no, we didn't drive for exercise, we went someplace different to walk), Brayden comes flying out of the door.  I rolled the window down and said, "What's up?"

"Mom, you have to come in quick!"

"Oh, I do?  How come?"

"Sheyna's nose is running like down into her mouth.  It's real bad!"

"And that's something that Dad can't take care of?"

"No. He's busy!"

"O.K.  What is he busy doing?"

"Well, he's sitting!!!"

SERIOUSLY?!?  You mean I can't be gone for 30 minutes without the disaster of a runny nose not being taken care of?  I had to laugh.  I went in and told Brian the situation and he defended himself quite well.  Her nose really is runny and it wouldn't stop, so if you turn your head for one second, well.....it's back in her mouth again.  He had been trying.  I have to give him credit for that.  It was just funny that I came home to that kind of a statement.  Again, children like to say the right things at the wrong time.

So it is spring.  Time to don the appropriate attire and get down to business of the spring type things you do. Simon knows the appropriate attire:
Shades and long sleeves. (OH and the candy plastered all over his face)

During spring, you teach your 8 month old baby girl the proper way(?) to pole dance. Notice the green bowtie, SWEATER AND LONG PANTS. None of this dancing in our skivvies at our house.

Soccer season is here.  We have played two games and lost both of them.  One of these days we will actually win a game.
Along with pole dancing, Sheyna has learned to pull herself up and move around objects.  So ready to walk, just kind of wobbly.
  
We also dyed Easter eggs at Grandpa and Grandma's house.
  
And hunted Easter eggs.
Sheyna hung out with Dad while the boys took off to find all the eggs. 
And then she got snugglies from Mom.
And last but not least, it is time to hide my camera from Kjelden who will take a picture of EVERYTHING!!!!  This picture turned out to be very cute.  I was actually trying to get a picture of Sheyna with her eyes crossed.  She likes to look at the spoon when I feed her and I think it looks pretty funny, but I never could get the right moment, so Kjelden took over.  I liked this picture.

So, all in all, spring has finally come to our house.  And SERIOUSLY I think I'm ready for it.

2 comments:

  1. Your kids are so funny. It's great you're writing things down. I can't remember anything. Good job on the exercise. I love it too, especially when I'm done:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Spring, exercise, being outside, and happy kids! I love the things you write about. They make my day! Sheyna is getting so big. I think I might have to come and give her snugglies too! Mason too over at Susan's... he's a little cute man.

    ReplyDelete