Thursday, March 26, 2009

Mom's Little Helper

I had the funniest thing happen today.  Maybe not so funny for some, but I am still kind of thinking about it and it makes me chuckle.

Today I needed to make a phone call.  Brayden was asking who it was I needed to talk to and why. I explained the whole deal and went about listening to the hold music.  I then found out the expected wait time was 15-20 MINUTES.  Unfortunately, I did not take that into consideration as I used the land line to make the call.  The land line has one place it can be.  In the corner by the computer.  I also did not take into consideration the fact that I REALLY had to use the bathroom. I figured I could wait that long, but for some reason when you got to go, you just got to go.  I waited a little bit longer and then decided I just couldn't wait any longer.

I asked Brayden to be my helper and listen to the awesome music on the phone.  So, he politely agreed to do that.  I ran to the bathroom and sat down. I yelled out to Brayden and asked if the music was still singing.  He said yes, so I proceed (all the details don't need to be added obviously).  Next thing I knew, I hear this little tiny voice:

"We need money."

I thought OH CRAP!!!!!!!!!  I yelled, OH CRAP!!!!!!! And so forth.  I yelled out to Brayden:

"Tell them Mommy is going potty."

And then I hear:

"I'm four."

Click.

"Brayden, what did they say?"

"Mom, it was a lady and she said she didn't want to talk to a four-year-old.  And then she hung up."

Later,

"Mom, I want to call that lady a bad name because she said she didn't want to talk to a four-year-old."

He was such a good helper.  He knew why I had made the call and what I needed to talk to them about.  He was upset when the dumb lady wasn't going to talk to him because he was four.

I am still feeling bad for even putting him in that situation. I should have hung up, but I didn't want to spend yet another 15-20 minutes on hold for one measly question.

So, who, do you ask, was on the other end?

The IRS.

3 comments:

  1. Oh man, the IRS!! That's a good one. They should be more considerate of a four year old. He knows what's what!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny!! They shouldn't treat their future tax payers that way!! :) Brayden will some day be paying her wages. Maybe he will find out her name and say his taxes can't go to her paycheck. Wouldn't that be funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is hilarious. Seriously. I LOVE it. I'm glad he is such a responsible 4-year old too. :)

    ReplyDelete