I have decided, once again, to rearrange the entirety of our house. I thought I would get it all done in a week, but as it happens, it is now almost Thursday and I haven't gotten very far. However, in my endeavors, my boys have been all for this change, for some reason. Kjelden has been wanting to help all he can. He wanted to be the one to paint the floor in their "new room". I was a little less excited about it. So, I ended up doing that.
Tonight, I told the boys that the paint was dry. Kjelden and Brayden decided to take things into their own hands and start moving things downstairs by themselves, including their beds. That's fine. Their beds weigh 10x more than them, but Kjelden and Brayden worked together. That's the little thing I was talking about. It was good to see them working together to get the project at least started. That doesn't happen all too often and I loved just sitting on their floor watching them and listening to them. They sounded so professional: "O.K. I've almost got it unscrewed. O.K. now I need the other screwdriver." It was just nice to not have to listen to the fighting and bickering. It was the working together that was just great.
And then Brayden got hurt. And I felt so bad. It was my fault that the whole project was even going, but Kjelden and Brayden were taking a headboard downstairs. It wasn't too heavy. For some reason, they decided they needed to have it in a different position and Kjelden dropped the one side.........right on Brayden's foot. Talk about feeling badly. Usually Kjelden will have this little yelling, "I'm SORRYYYYYYYY!!" kind of thing he says. This time it was definitely more sympathetic. He truly was sorry. A little thing, but it was good to hear that Kjelden has a sympathetic side for his brother. He felt bad. I helped Kjelden move the headboard downstairs(mind you, this is the second one they have taken downstairs). As we were going down the stairs, Kjelden asked if I was mad. I told him I was more mad at myself for getting us into this project than anything. I think he honestly was shocked that I wasn't mad. It was definitely an accident on his part and I couldn't be mad. We worked together to get a bag of frozen peas and carrots on Brayden's foot and all seemed to be just fine after a good dinner and just a little time to relax.
Little things seem to help out. A kind word, working together, and the love that shows through every once in a while. Little things..........
I just read your last two blogs. All I can think to say is I'm glad I'm not the only mom who has to repent:) You sound like an amazing mother!!!!!
ReplyDeleteIt's the little things that count. I do love it when my own kids work together, are sympathetic, and show genuine love for eachother. I love the reflection in knowing that they have learned the things you have taught. Good job being a great mom!
ReplyDeleteIt's so sweet that they worked together! (Poor Brayden!) I can see the boys talking about the screwdrivers... they are so cute!
ReplyDeleteHow cute! At least this way I can know what is going on in your life because we never have a chance to talk anymore!!
ReplyDelete