Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Time

Time....I guess that is what we all want in our lives is more time, right?  Well, tonight I am just thinking that time just seems to fly by.  It seems like just yesterday, we were told that we were going to have a baby and now that baby is old enough to go to his first Blue and Gold Scouting Banquet.  Keep in mind, however,  the boys that were turning eight this year were invited to this event.  Kjelden, as we were leaving asked me how much longer til he would officially be a scout. "How many more months, Mom?  So how many weeks does that turn out to be?"  He was pretty devastated that September was another couple of months away. He is so excited to be able to be in the scouting program and I hope that excitement continues.  

At the Blue and Gold Banquet, because they are celebrating 99 years of scouting, the leaders also decided to incorporate the fact that Powell is 100 years old this year.  It was kind of neat to see all the pictures and the stuff the scouts had researched about Powell.  We got to put our names on a timeline as to when we arrived in Powell and things like that.  I put my name on twice.  I was born in Powell and we moved back to Powell.  Anyway, they did the ABCs of Powell, which the boys also had to research.  Did a great job!!!!!  The leaders came up with a cute cake decorated like Heart Mountain with farm land (Brayden, I believe, pointed out, "Look, Mom, they have the George Farm on the cake!!"), oil fields and things pertaining to Powell).  What a cute idea!!  I did get a picture of it, but realized I can't download pictures from my phone to my computer as my computer is not compatible to do such a thing.

All in all, we enjoyed the dinner and the fun they had.  There was one little boy who has been in scouting for only a month and is ready to receive his BOBCAT (?).  He is so excited about it that he passed off the the stuff he needs to pass off before Casper even got his registration, so they have to wait to get his badge because he is not yet recognized in the system as a scout!!!!

So, time does pass and our lives continue to get busier and busier, but it's a good busy.  I hope that when the time comes, scouting will be as exciting as it looks from the outside in!

3 comments:

  1. Scouting is a blessing in our family. Great leaders make the difference and it sounds like you have some winners in your troop. He'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would've loved to see that cake! What a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh cub scouts. They have so much fun! It makes me smile to see the excitement that they have when they get their acheivemtents. Thank goodness for good scout leaders. We probably wouldn't get far without them.

    ReplyDelete