Sunday mornings are always a blessing in our uproar of a home. At 8:00, we are usually still in bed thinking we need to get up to get all 6 of us ready for church. Pretty sad, eh? So, that is exactly how it was this morning. I actually was able to get Brayden to be the first one dressed (very unusual). I got dressed and ready and got Sheyna ready. We just had a hectic time getting Kjelden and Simon ready. But what do you expect? something out of the norm?
As I was walking out the door, I thought to myself, I really have no desire to go to church. It just seems that Sundays are too hard to deal with and it's just not fun to fight children in Sacrament meeting. Just stay home. But we went.
After Sunday School, there was a sister that came up to me and said, "I really admire you and your family. Your boys just sat there the entire time and didn't fuss. They were so reverent! How do they get so much out of the Hymn book? You didn't have toys or snacks or anything. They just sat and looked through the Hymn book."
I am so grateful I went to church today. It was well worth it. I really did enjoy it because the boys were so well behaved and Sheyna slept for 2 of the 3 hours. I am also grateful for people that help me to remember that I do have great children. And yes, the Hymn book is very inspiring to boys who can't read, but love to just flip through the pages. Brayden is starting to match numbers and he was really looking for the pages that Kjelden was looking at. Simon just knows that when those books open, we can sing and believe me, he LOVES to sing. He sings anything from Do As I'm Doing to Life is a Highway. Hymn books for toys in church? You bet!!! And they aren't loud.
Annette, you do have some wonderful kids. Yes, all kids can be pains, but yours are great! I'm glad you had a good day at church.
ReplyDeleteGlad your day at church was worth the effort. It makes every day better when someone comments on how good they think you (or your kids) are. You do a good job.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you went to church too! And yes, it's okay to post without pictures... we all do it! Your boys (and Sheyna) are sweet and I'm glad they know to be reverent in Sacrament Meeting. Good job Annette!
ReplyDelete