Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas has set in

Santa Claus visited us a little early, more than a little early.  We weren't even sure what our lists were to give the jolly old man when we saw him at a ward party.  Kjelden rattled off several electronic devices.  I didn't hear what Brayden wanted.  Simon was just tickled pink to let the man in red hold Doggie.  Sheyna's expression speaks for itself. Who in the world is this and why am I sitting here?!



The NEW Toy
I love shopping at bargain places.  My friend and I keep each other up on the greatest deals at this one place we always go.  I had told her that I was hoping at some point to either purchase or borrow an  exersaucer for Sheyna. She found me one for $2.  And I took it!! Anyway, everyone had their fair share of playing.  Sheyna, of course, took her turn and loved it.  Kjelden, Brayden and Simon took their turns and played for about two hours with the silly thing.  First of all, it was some kind of car.  Brayden was the brave driver.  Kjelden was just holding on for dear life.

Then it became the drive thru at McDonalds.  You could order:
And then you got your food:
French Fries (HOT, but if you blew on them, they were warm, according to Simon)

A Hamburger:  Don't ask, just eat.

Then, my most favorite of all:
Simon was so tired, he fell asleep.  McDonald's wore him out.  Or was it the REALLY  hot mustard that he found on the table and dipped some food into!!!  ARRGHH!!!!!  I felt like a really terrible mom when I found myself laughing at both of these.  Simon DID NOT like the mustard and the only thing that made for a great sleeping space in the exersaucer was that he also had ahold of little sister's soft blanket.

All, in all, from this post, I am excited for Christmas because it has set in.  The Santa Claus, the newness of toys that we get to fight over or play with for hours until the newness wears off.  I am excited for the Christmas morning when Santa really has arrived and the kids get more than the one toy to oogle over.  It will be interesting and fun.  

I am also excited for the true meaning of Christmas.  My boys have been told that they get to give a toy away that is theirs to someone who doesn't have as many toys as they do.  Talk about a fight, but they finally relented.  They will figure out a good toy or two and talk to the bishop about someone they can give them to.  I hope they can honestly feel the true meaning of giving instead of always, always, always getting.

2 comments:

  1. Those pictures are classic! I can totally hear your boys talking to Santa... that's so fun!
    About collages, I use Picasa because it is free. If you go to www.Picasa.google.com, hit "Download Picasa 3" and it will download to your computer. I can't remember all of the steps I took, but there should be a Picasa icon on your desktop. Click on it and begin creating! I had to play around with it for a little bit before figuring it out, but its pretty user-friendly. Let me know if you have questions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my Simon. He is so cute. The exersaucer is a fun toy. We have all gotten to sit in Haley's too, but it never became McDonald's!! Love their imaginations.

    ReplyDelete