Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

Thanksgiving Day Feast What a great blessing to be able to enjoy all the food
that we did.  It was certainly a feast and I think everyone ate their fare share.  The thanks I had was for two uncles who lovingly took their turn with the babies.  They did a wonderful job with them and I think that Sheyna enjoyed her uncles.
One of my favorites was the trail mix that Clark and Jamie brought:
It was delicious!!!!  And also enjoyed  by everyone.  I don't think there was any of that huge bowl left.

I think Matthew was thankful that nobody was looking while he snitched tomatoes off the relish tray.  I'm not sure how many actually went down his throat, but there were a few that landed on the floor.  It was cute to watch him though.
Simon and Matthew were thankful for a few minutes outdoors.  They were laying in the trenches.  Matthew thought it was pretty fun.  Simon, well.............. I went to take his pictures and he said, "I done, Mom."  That was the end of that.  Plus Caroline came and Simon was more interested in her than playing in the trenches.  Aunt Caroline became Simon's new friend for the weekend.  Now, since we were able to see her, everytime the phone rings, Simon asks if it is Caroline.
Simon was also grateful to be able to wear "the ball" on his head.  We went to Uncle Brad's house on Sunday evening and this was a hit for everyone.  Very stylish, I'd say.

The thing Kjelden and Simon were grateful for was this:

No, they were actually grateful for the lack of this in the room we stayed in.  At Grandma and Grandpa's house, they have a VERY COLD room, dubbed for all obvious reasons, the cold room.  Anyway, Grandpa decided that this year he was going to keep his onions in the cold room to keep them fresh longer.  Well, Kjelden and Brayden were NOT going to stay at Grandma and Grandpa's if they had to sleep with the onions.  So, before we got there, Grandpa had them stashed away in a box............in the cold room.  In fact, little did they know, Kjelden and Brayden slept right next to the box for two nights and didn't even know it.  How brave is that!!!
We ended up having a great weekend.  Thanks to Mom and Dad and the family members that were there for a wonderful time.

4 comments:

  1. What a great Thanksgiving! I love the picture of Simon with the purple ball on his head! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I have a lot of similar pictures that you have-- so when I post about Thanksgiving I should just say, "See Annette's blog"! :) We had sooooo much fun! Thank you for the fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I STILL have all those onions. Someone who is better at remembering will need to REMEMBER to take some of these onions off my hands...or out of the box as the case may be...hmmmm they are in a case. Someone will have to take them out of the case, off my hands, out of the box! Whatever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot the onions!! I love all these pictures. I did not get very many. I especially love the one of the brothers holding the babies. Aaww Simon, may he remember me next time we meet!!

    ReplyDelete