Monday, December 8, 2008

Another Day, Another Holler


SO, last time, no pictures.  Bear with me, I have lots today!!!
My day started out just great!!  One of those days that you can't mistake for a good day....
Sheyna actually finally got to sit in her exersaucer and I'm not so sure she liked it according to the look on her face:

It went down hill from there!!!!!!!!!  Just kidding.  Even though there were moments in the day I don't really want to relive, here they are and I'm laughing about them now, at 11:35 when I really should be sleeping.
First of all, I had to go and get some dog food.  Again, Charlie cannot starve.  We've tried everything to lose the dog, but unfortunately, we can't seem to just starve him to death.  Just kidding.  We like Charlie and he did need some dog food.  Pause, while I go take care of an awakened child........
12:15am  O.K., I'm back.  I need to make it quick.  Anyway.  I went to get dog food.  I came back to this:

No, the lesson was NOT learned.  If you can see just above the blood......it's toothpaste.  Blue.  Hey, red, white and blue.  He was just trying to be patriotic.  He was also trying to clean himself up.  It looks worse than it really was.  He had a LITTLE cut right at the bottom of his lip.  He just must bleed very easily.  He was trying to get toilet paper to clean himself up and there was a big wad of toilet paper in the toilet....and on the floor.  There was blood on the towels, and the floor and the sink, and my deodorant, and the list goes on......I guess that the lesson is now learned, by us anyway.  The razors will be in the closet, if anyone needs to know.
As for Simon, he got bandaged up and was fine until he had Ranch Dressing with his lunch.  Not so fun with a cut!!!
Brayden, on the other hand, enjoyed his lunch.  Or his lunch enjoyed it........I'm not sure how to explain it.  Brayden was just being very giddy during his lunch, laughing and singing.  All of the sudden, he breaks out in laughter and says:

MY FOOD IS HAVING A PARTY IN THERE!!!!

Oh, the things that Brayden can come up with.  He is a ham sometimes.  I just laughed so hard!! I don't think I would have come up with something like that!

On to the evening festivities:
We decided to put up our FAKE Christmas tree again this year.  We tried to decide whether a real tree was the way to go or not.  I was explaining this the Kjelden and Brayden and Kjelden informed me that we could NOT get a real tree.  
"We have a tree.  We can't go and cut down a tree.  That is killing the forest and the wildlife.  It would kill the chipmunks and the bears.  And we need bears.  I don't know why, but we do."
Hence, the FAKE tree is now standing in our living room:
While the tree was being put up, my anxiety level went higher and higher.  AARRGGHHHH!! Sheyna was screaming.  Kjelden and Brayden were diligently trying to help by throwing the pieces to the tree everywhere, trying to organize them.  Simon was just around for the fun.  After the organization was finished, Brayden found a piece of cardboard and asked if he could draw a computer onto it, like his friend, Hyrum.  That was fine with me, less hands to put up the tree.  Well, then Kjelden wanted to do the same.  Fine.  Two less hands.  Obviously, Simon thought that was a good idea, too.  Now it was just me taking care of putting up the tree.  I still had Sheyna screaming, but I was able to put the tree up faster.  And then I turned around and found this:
No, it isn't blood again.  Simon took off his clothes and decided that the cardboard was just not inventive enough.  Red marker all over the body is much more fun.  Blue marker on the white carpet is even more fun.
Kjelden and Brayden's project ended up pretty neat.  They really worked hard on them.  Brayden is getting better at drawing his B's and is pretty proud of them.  The computers are now in their room and they look great right where they are.

All in all, it was a great day.  Started out great.  Ended great.

2 comments:

  1. Annette- There is never a dull moment in your house! I'm glad someone wants to keep the trees, chipmunks, and bears around! It's cute that he is so concerned. And maybe a cardboard computer would keep the viruses to a minimum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day!! I'm glad the tree was decided on, and that the kids were happy. Simon is crazy! He does look like he had a battle all day. As for you... I hope you ended up having a decent nights sleep.

    ReplyDelete