Cheston was born on July 16, 2010 at 4:43 pm in Powell, Wyoming.
He weighed 9 lbs 6 oz and was 21 1/4 inches long. He was the biggest baby we have had.
The day Cheston was born, Brian and I went to the hospital at 5:30 am. When we got there, the nurses asked why we thought we were going to have this baby, this day. Brian said, "Uh cause we were told to come in and be induced today."
The nurses were shocked because they had no orders for an induction. We got "started" at 7:30 instead of 5:30 and the doctor was not very happy. He was ready to get things started at 7:30 instead of waiting until I had been on PIT for a couple of hours. Needless to say, we actually got things really "started" at around 9:30 am.
Our nurse was AWESOME!!! We got to have Donna Gohler for our nurse. It was fun to sit and chat with her for several hours. And then it was time for Cheston to be here. And now he is here!!! YAY!!!
Cheston didn't have a name at first because we weren't sure what we were going to name him. We told the doctor he would be BOY GEORGE for now. The doctor, being from the same era as us, just laughed and laughed. And then he told us later that he had a BOY GEORGE song stuck in his head the rest of the day.
Cheston is named after his Great Grandpa Chester Stevens and his Great Grandpa Lawrence Boone. When he was born, the only thing I could think of was WOW he has HUGE hands!!! And WOW does he have huge hands. And HUGE feet. Just great big in general, but that as one thing I did notice.
Mom loves Cheston and so does Dad. He looks too little compared to his mom and dad, but he is definitely a big baby!! More to love, that's for sure!
His brothers and sister LOVE Cheston. Brayden sat and hold him forever the day we came home from the hospital. Kjelden, Simon and Sheyna love to hold him and give him kisses.
The one thing we did notice about Cheston is he LOVES his thumb. I believe he will definitely be a thumb-sucker. It is funny to watch cause his whole hand covers his face when he sucks his thumb.
WE LOVE CHESTON!! Welcome to the family Cheston!!!

I'm glad I got to meet (and hold) Cheston. He IS so cute! Welcome to the family little guy!
ReplyDeleteWe had Donna as a nurse too and it was great! Congrats on the "little" guy!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to meet him this week.
ReplyDelete