Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Me

I don't have a lot on my mind other than school, school, babysitting, school, taking a CPR class, school, taking care of my own children, and school.  That about sums up my life for the last few weeks.

We have been hit with a small flu.  I think only Sheyna got it.  I'm expecting more, unfortunately. The little boy I babysit is down with the flu right now, hence, we are not babysitting for this week.

The good news it that Brian and I are officially on the diet course.  YAY for both of us.  I tried several months ago, just to exercise, but it wasn't doing me any good.  Now, I am eating more healthy and less. Because of that, Brian is also eating less, cause I don't cook as much.  His brother also challenged him to a weight loss, so, not really willingly, he is exercising with me.

I have gone from barely walking down the street and back to going around the block, and to IGA and back.  Now, yesterday, Brian and I went over to the high school track, which is just behind our house, and we walked/ran on the track.  Did I say RUN?  Yes I did.  I ran for a 1/4 mile.  I know, I know for those who run all the time, that is very measly. But for one who hates to run anywhere, I RAN!!! OK jogged, at a very slow pace, but it was faster than my walking and I was impressed, especially with the 1/4 mile.  WOOT WOOT!!!!!

It was cold and rainy this morning, so I talked Brian into an 8-minute TAE-BO workout.  He was reluctant, and even now after an hour, he is hot and sweating.  I asked him if he is upset with me for pushing the issue of exercising.  He said he wasn't upset, he just doesn't like to exercise.  I UNDERSTAND!

ANYHOO.....I am now down 1 inch in my hips, from last week.  I was so excited I nearly flew through the roof!!!  Can't say that about any other part of my body, but I am still excited and still wanting to do more.  Small meals and exercising really works and it is a great way to stay healthy.

Thanks to Rachel, my doctor, and several other people who have inspired me to keep going.  I need the motivation and I can see it is effecting me for the good!!

4 comments:

  1. Eat Less, Run More is my motto. And it is usually the only thing that works....It's exciting that you are trying it. If you keep at it, you will see results!!! Congrats...keep running. I remember when 1/4 of a mile was a long way. Now...it is still a long way and I have done a half marathon.
    Clark

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud of you! As one who has struggled with her weight all her life, I know how difficult it is. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job!!!! Jory and I were talking about the same thing. Then he pulled out the cheese and crackers at 9 at night. I don't think he's very serious. That's great Brian is doing it with you. Good luck and keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete