Sunday, December 21, 2008

Fun Stuff at Christmas

Simon was so sad that Kjelden and Brayden had some candy and I didn't yesterday early in the morning (around 8:30).  Yeah, I'm the caring Mom who decided that candy that early in the morning was o.k.  Anyway, I offered Simon a York Peppermint Patty, knowing full well how that would go over.  He didn't want it, but he kept saying BOWL, BOWL.  I didn't know what he wanted, but he very quickly got off the bench at the table and went to get a pan.  Then he put the York Peppermint Patty into the pan and said, MORE!  AAAAAHHHHHH!!!  Now I understood.  He wanted to help me make Peppermint Patty popcorn.  What a sweet boy.  He unwrapped ALL of the patties for me so I could make the popcorn that he doesn't like but it got him to thinking of something other than the candy his brothers had!



We were blessed last night to be able to go to Susan's house for Matthew's birthday.  Happy Birthday to Matthew.  We didn't even have a screaming match between Matthew and Simon.  It was a very pleasant evening.  I will let Susan post pictures as I didn't have my good camera.  I got pictures on my phone.  It's o.k.  Anyway, we enjoyed the evening and had great cake and ice cream.
Kjelden and Brayden were having fun with the balloons at Susan's house.  One story I will have to tell is that one balloon, somehow ended up on the ceiling.  Kjelden said, "Hey, that balloon is humiliated!!!"  Then he tried to get it back up on the ceiling for a picture and it landed in the light fixture.  It was no longer humiliated, (I'm thinking he meant a helium balloon) it was just plain stuck. Then, Kjelden got it back down off the light fixture and it probably ended up just as the others did:  POPPED!!!

The other thing that was so cute:

Today at church all the Primary children received a ball ornament for Christmas from the Primary Presidency.  They had CTR on them.  There were a few things that were said pertaining to what CTR means.  I heard one child say CTR means two things, Mom:  Choose the Right and Christ the Righteous.  Our children came home and said that CTR means a few things:

  • Choose the Right
  • Christ the Redeemer
  • Cook the Rice
I'm sure it could mean a lot of things but Choose the Right is the correct answer. Thank goodness for Primary leaders who are good teachers and who know that CTR does NOT mean cook the rice.

4 comments:

  1. Cook the Rice huh? That's awesome. I think it should stand for that every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids are fun! CTR can mean a lot of things! I'm glad Simon was such a good helper. We had an event like that the other day. Unwrapped candy kisses (3 bags)! And I wouldn't let anyone eat a single one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think at my house it means cook the rice a lot. We'd starve without rice. Cute blog. I love reading all about your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those ornaments are way cute. That is a fun idea. I'm glad you got to go to Matthew's birthday party, that looked like fun! I love candy for breakfast! Especially with ice cream!

    ReplyDelete