We attended some very cute Christmas programs this year. The first one we got to go to was at Brayden's preschool. I was interested in how he was going to do, although I did warn the teachers it probably wouldn't be a pretty sight as Brayden either is VERY shy or he has inherited his dad's anxiety only worse. Well, we got there in plenty of time. I know the paper said 2:30, it started at 2:45. We were there at 2:20. So, we sat around and got to chat with Grandma as she was also told by me that it was at 2:30. Simon got to go with the teacher to play (we are good friends with the teacher). Anyway, 2:45 comes along and so does the little line of preschoolers. There were about 15-20 adults in the room. Brayden shows his face in the room and immediately goes to the floor, hiding his face. The teacher mouths to me if I want him to sit by me or to stay up in front of everyone. What to do?! I know he needs to learn that this is going to happen every year............He ended up staying in front of everyone. His teacher nudged him enough to stand by her, but he hid behind her as they sang their cute little songs. Simon, this whole time, is standing right in the middle, just enjoying the attention, not knowing a single word of any song and not really supposed to be standing there. He enjoyed himself. So, no pictures for Brayden's preschool Christmas program. Oh, I forgot to mention that not only could I not see Brayden to take his picture, I forgot my camera.
Last night, I was able to attend Kjelden's Winter Program, not Christmas program. I have to tell you, there was a cute little kid in 1st grade that did an excellent job. You know the type, the ones that stand out. Well, he didn't really stand out, but he sure did an excellent job. He was the best dancer on that stage for that particular number. I don't even know how to describe it. Grandma leaned over to me and said, "He looks like he's a professional." He truly did. It was HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!! Then the 2nd graders came on and there was a particularly cute, excuse me, handsome boy on the first row (because I'm a midget according to this kindergartner, MOM).
Poor Simon sure seems to be feeling left out lately for some reason. When Brayden heads off to school, Simon just gets his dog and sits down and mopes. One day, I turned on the music for him on my computer. He LOVES Life if a Highway by Rascall Flatts. He sat just like this:
Sheyna, on the other hand is having a ball, even though she is not feeling so well. She does have her happy moments:
O.K., so I am scrambling for things to come up with this evening. My last two bits of info were just very random. I was trying to get the boys to not fight tonight. I told Kjelden I would play Battleship with him, but it ended very quickly as I had to take care of Sheyna. So, Kjelden and Brayden decided to make a PYTHON out of the things for Battleship. It was amazingly long. It took up the whole living room (according to Kjelden).

And then there's Charlie. OOOOOOHHHHHHH Charlie. You can hear that quite often in our household. Charlie looks like this:

.......after he gets done eating a poopy diaper. or anything else he can find to chew on. He just lays there. What a dog!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment