Thursday, November 6, 2008

What's for dinner, Mom?

The always and forever question that lingers every night:  What's for dinner, or when is dinner, Mom?  As usual, tonight I gave the suggestion that we have something nutritious.  Let's have leftovers!!!  That is actually what I planned on having.  We went to a ward dinner last night and I got to provide some of the soup.  On a side note, if ever you are a ward activity leader and are in charge of a dinner for the family, DON'T suggest soup for dinner.  It is hard for a mother or father of children to help any number of children to hold a soup bowl, a plate, and a toddler and dish up the meal, get the kids back to the table in safety and without losing patience.

O.K., now that I have said that, I decided to have leftover soup.  Who can resist something that looks this good:


I'll tell you who.  Brayden.  Brayden has chosen to not eat anything that looks half way decent.  So while Kjelden, Simon and I are slurping up Hearty Chicken Noodle Soup, Brayden has his heart set on just a couple of bites of cheese and a couple of bites of this:
Pancakes!!  
Now that is something that is good for what ails ya!!  I guess I survived on rice with peanut butter and hot dogs.  Brayden will survive on pancakes.  He can eat that for any meal or snack just as long as it is a few bites at the table and then wait for a while to eat the rest.  Whatever!

As we were eating our dinner, I decided Simon was having an identity crisis.  I was trying to get Brayden's attention.  I kept saying his name and every time I did, Simon would say, "Huh?"
I finally decided to ask him, "Is your name Brayden?"

Simon: "Uh, huh."

Me: "No, your name is Simon."

Simon:  "Fameen?  No, Me (Me is his word for Brayden).

Me: "No, Simon."

Simon: (smiling) Nah. Fameen me.

Now I am really confused.  Oh well. Kjelden is DeDe.  Brayden is De or Me and Simon is Fameen Me.  Oh and Sheyna is NEEnah.






So I decided to go to the library today to get Kjelden some books to read.  He has been intrigued by the series kind of books and I have had to try and encourage him to read different kinds of series or just different books.  I came home with a Berenstein Bears chapter book (never heard of such a thing), a couple of A-Z Mystery Books and a Bailey Kids Book.  And what did he come home with?  Four Boxcar Children series books.  He has been reading these ever since I told him I thought he might like to read them a couple of months ago. He's like his Mom in this regard.  I have been stuck in a rut of reading Beverly Lewis books.  I guess if you find something you like, stick with it!



No comments:

Post a Comment