We had not gone on vacation at all this year, due to me being very much ready to have a baby, so we decided to go this last weekend. It was a great trip, despite the never ending, ARE WE THERE YET! It was great to just get away. We went a different route that we have ever been on and that was what made it so exciting. Anyone ever been on Lolo Pass? All 100 miles of winding roads? It was fun. I really did enjoy the scenery. We saw lots of trees and the river, don't know which one, runs all the way along the road.
Anyway, closer to the middle, I believe, of the road, we happened upon a little resort area. We stopped for a little fill up on drinks and snacks and a little potty break. Thank goodness for potty breaks!!!! Because had I not used the said facilities, I would not have come across this beautiful scenery:
I fell in love with the wooden building and, I don't know if you can see, it, but the tree to the right of the building has a really weird notch in it. Not manmade. It is really kind of cool.
So, that was that part of the great trip. As for the rest, we enjoyed our stay with Brian's brother. Brian went four-wheeling and I stayed at the house with the kids, who were well entertained by their cousins and I got a great visit in with my sister-in-law. They have some really cute kids.
"Mom, I was talking to Simon and he really isn't a chipmunk. He is really a boy!!!!"
Oh, the cute things kids say. Onto another cute little thing real quick.
MEET BOB AND FRANK
So, for some reason, lately, Simon has been calling me BOB. Not real sure why other than maybe he has a clogged schnoz, but, I think he just thinks it sounds good. Anyway, Bob, I am. So I decided every time Simon called me BOB, I would call him Frank. The first time, he just looked at me real funny-like. The next time, he looked at me and said,"Not Frank."
"Well, what IS your name?"
"MA-HEE."
"MA-HEE, MA-HEE. Isn't that some kind of a drink or fish or something?"
"No, me."
"So, you are NOT Frank."
"MA-HEE."
"Oh, so, who am I?"
"Momma"
"I'm not Bob, right?"
He looks at me, baffled that I would even consider such a thing.
"OK, next time you call me Bob, I will call you Frank."
Again, end of story. Or so we think. He still calls me Bob, I still call him Frank. At this point, I'm thinking he is fine with being called Frank, but I don't want to do it too much for fear he will actually think that is his name.
Glad your trip went well. It looks like it was a pretty ride. Simon is really cute!
ReplyDeleteThat's funny that he calls you Bob! I'm glad you were able to take the trip- looks like fun!
ReplyDeleteI've been on LoLo Pass. It's a very picturesque drive. Why is it called LoLo Pass you may ask. A lonely man on top of the mountain saw a man at the bottom of the mountain. He excitedly yelled "Hi, Hi!" The man at the bottom heard the other man and yelled "Lo Lo", and hence the name stuck. (sorry to subject you to some dry Cal Jones humor. I heard that joke every time we drove through on the way to Uncle Dave's)
ReplyDelete-Ryan
Looks like you had a great time on your trip! Pretty pictures!
ReplyDelete