Thursday, June 16, 2011

Our World in May 2011




This past month has been pretty busy for us. I had to decide between 5 million pictures as to what to put on this blog, but here is a quick summary as 5 million pictures take a long time to upload, one at a time....






Kjelden has finished 4th grade and is now on to 5th. He ran for Student Body Treasurer and got outvoted by a very bare minimum. He ran a good race and was a good sport. He did a great job!!!


Brayden turned 7 in May. I feel bad I didn't do a separate blog for his birthday, but he did turn 7. He is glad school is out. He is going to go into second grade this next year. It is amazing how fast they grow. He was the "papa bear" in his little class plays and he keeps saying, "look Mom, I think I have grown!" He is getting taller as my kids grow.

And then there is Simon. He LOVES being outside. He can't get enough of it. He went from walking around with his bike to racing the big boys and daddy all over. He loves to go to the middle school and around the block. We went for a bike ride clear to the other side of town and heard not one complaint of being tired from Simon. He also loves to play with our neighbor's little girl, Alex. They have become fast friends, "breaking up" every now and then, but they love to play.




Sheyna also loves to be outside with Simon and Alex. She is very strong willed. Outside in her pretty dress. Outside in nothing. She is learning the potty training trick. So far, she is doing pretty good. I get frustrated quite often, but she will get the hang of it.


Cheston. He has done some growing, that is for sure. He learned to walk at nine months. He does NOT like to have hugs from Simon or Sheyna. He has totally grown to love his Daddy. He also loves to play outside and is more content to follow the big boys around (and Sheyna as well). He is now on a bottle and it has been nice. He sleeps through the night, and I have learned that it is o.k. to wake up at the early hour of 5:30 or 6:00, but at least he has been sleeping from 9:00 pm so, I can handle that.


As for me and Brian, well, we just keep on living. Brian is working, working and working. He has taken on home inspections as a side business. He also takes a load to North Dakota every now and then for Napa, which is a two day trip. He is planning a trip with his brothers who are here to see his brother in Boise, on motorcycles.


I am also living, I think. Just trying to keep up, is all I can say. I have been doing yardwork and am pretty proud of my accomplishments with that. I have a garden. O.K. I can't say I have a "garden". I have three tomato plants. We will see how well they grow. I don't have the green thumb I should have been blessed with. And I am working on taking pictures. So far, I sure like to take pictures of the beauties of the Earth and my family. So here is a sampling:


Flooding in the Red Lodge/Joliet area

Ducks in Billings, MT. I just thought they were pretty.



We went and visited Great-Grandpa George for Memorial Day and talked about people who were in the wars.

Our first four-wheeler trip of the year was in the McCollough Peaks. Brian and the boys played on this hill while I took pictures of them and the pole line.



But this is my most favorite picture for the month. I loved it.
































2 comments:

  1. What a great update! And pictures! I think my life is pretty boring compared to your happenings...:) Good job with the tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! They are all growing up so fast! I hope your tomatoes turn out! I can never keep plants alive and my grandfather and my dad used to run a plant nursery!! I didn't get their green thumbs!

    ReplyDelete