Thursday, November 4, 2010

Music

For my soul delighteth in the song of the heart
Doctrine and Covenants 25:12
Today I am grateful for music. I love to listen to music. I'm o.k. with just about any music, but my favorite is probably country music.



Music just helps me to relax and that is what I am grateful for most nights. By the time I put my children in bed, I am ready to just have the t.v. tuned to GAC and listen to great american country music. Some of the songs I am grateful for are:



SMILE by Uncle Kracker (this songs helps me to remember to smile about the little things in life, hence it is the song I have had included on my blog for a while)



ALRIGHT by Darius Rucker (this song reminds me that no matter what, everything will be alright. I don't have to have all the riches in the world for life to be good)



RUN TO YOU by Lady Antebellum (pay it forward, people)



I could go on and will. I am so grateful for music. I also can say I love the Primary songs in church. It has been fun watching the boys (and especially Simon, since he is a Sunbeam) learn the songs.

I Belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

He Sent His Son (Simon starts it out by singing: How could the Father tell the weirld. Awefully cute)

Holding Hands Around the World



But I also can't forget the favorites:

The Alphabet Song

a-b-c-d-e-s-g-h-k-k-m-o-p (Sheyna's version)



Tiny Tim (That we could sing over and over and over again. It makes my heart sing to think my kids love this song and we could sing it again)





I also could, at times, be caught singing my kids to sleep with:

I Am a Child of God

I Stand All Amazed

Amazing Grace

Let Us All Press On

I Love to See The Temple

There is more, but these are the ones that always end up on the list. But there are two songs that I always like to hear or sing, no matter who sings them or where they are being sung:



Brightly beams, our Father's mercy from the lighthouse evermore.

But to us, he gives the keeping of the lights along the shore.

Let the lower lights be burning, send a gleam across the wave.

Some poor fainting, struggling seaman, You may rescue, you may save.



AND


I see the moon the moon sees me

Down through the leaves of the old, oak tree.

Please let the light that shines on me,

Shine on the one I love

I hear the lark, the lark hears me

Singing a song with a melody

Please let the lark that sings for me

Sing for the one I love

I kiss a rose, the rose kisses me

Fragrant as only a rose can be

Please let the rose that comforts me

Comfort the one I love

Over the mountain, over the sea

Back where my heart is longing to be

Please let the light that shines on me

Shine on the one I love








1 comment:

  1. Your last song is very suitable for this week with Brian in Casper!! Thanks for reminding us about all the things we should be thankful for!! You are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete