Monday, November 22, 2010

More Gratitude

I love the snow. I don't really care for the cold, but I love everything in white. It is absolutely beautiful, calming, peaceful....I could name more. I am thankful it has snowed. We were worried it wasn't going to snow and we would end up going to Island Park for a cold weekend without snow. But we have been blessed with snow and I am hoping so has Island Park. As the end part of a dare, I had Brian take this picture. O.K. The beginning part of the dare's picture was SO much better, but that is o.k. The dare was taken care of.......And with the first snow if the year that actually accumulated on our lawn, Simon and I decided that we needed to build a snowman. SOOOOOO.....eight o'clock in the morning, we went outside and built Matthew the snowman....isn't he adorable? with his leaf dress and rock mouth? It was the effort that counted, I guess. I love spending time with Simon, when he is in a good mood....as he is screaming at the top of his lungs right now, right beside me, cause he got in trouble. He is a sweet boy.....middle child syndrome, I guess.

The other thing that I love about the change in season is the fact that funny things come out of my kids' mouths. Of course, Matthew, the snowman was the one thing. I thought that was pretty cute. But then, Simon, when he saw the snow, almost jumped through the roof.....
"IT'S CHRISTMAS!!!!! When do we get to put up the tree?"
And then, of course, Sheyna.....
"MOM, THERE'S SNOWMAN ON MY SHOE!"
How could I resist? So adorable!! So, I am thankful for snow in so many different ways. I am thankful it is here, and I am sure in a while, I will be itching for it to go and thankful that it is gone. Today....thankful for snow.


2 comments:

  1. It's fun to see a pink boot among all the blue I'm sure that you have at your house! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So is that snowman poo on her shoe?? You know I love my Sheyna!! Your kids always say the funniest things!! I am sure mine did but I can't remember any of it from that long ago!!! I probably didn't remember it the day after they said it. Yes, I have memory problems!! :)

    ReplyDelete