Thursday, September 16, 2010

Tis the Season

Yes, tis' the season....no, not that season. That comes later. But for now tis' the season for fall soccer and fall flag football. Boy we have been busy, busy, busy. We have soccer on Mondays and Wednesdays and flag football on Tuesdays and Thursdays. That is just soccer and football. You add on all the rest of the stuff and it has been pretty busy for us. BUT the boys love their sports.

Brayden wasn't sure about soccer for a while until he played soccer at a family reunion. He had SO much fun playing with his cousins, he decided he wanted to play with the rec center. At this age, they don't really have teams. They just give them the basic skills for a couple of practices and then they get to play little 10 minute games. He looked like he was having fun, but when he got done, I asked him how it was. "I didn't have that much fun."
O.K., but the pictures say otherwise....
You can't really see this very well, but this is a little clip of the game(and yes, that is Cheston, crying in the background). He was excited because his coach for this game is a fireman. I had a hard time explaining that his coach is also a friend of mom and dad. REALLY? But he's a fireman! Ya, mom and dad can have fireman friends.
Then, the next day, we got to go and see Kjelden play in his second season of flag football. He is on the McDonalds team again this year. His coach happened to be his best friend's dad. He was excited to have Greg as the coach and Holden on his team. AND on top of all that excitement....they won their first game!!!
Kjelden was excited about a play. I didn't see it cause I was trying to get a good picture of Kjelden. He is, again, the smallest out there, but he sure did a good job. Improvement from last year, for sure.
Sometimes, just standing there is the best way to be when you are playing (I guess). Such a cute guy out there!!!

This picture turned out great!!! Not only did I get Kjelden (88), but above him is his best friend and his coach is the one in the white shirt (Holden's dad). It was a great game. In Kjelden's words: We did awesome!!! We broke a kid's collar bone! So we are awesome! The Vikings (that would be us) WON!!!
So, yes, tis' the season.




No comments:

Post a Comment