Friday, December 12, 2008

Things We Learn

I was interested yesterday in the things that Brayden learns at the two different pre-schools that he is going to.  Are they similar or not?  Well, somewhere in the whole of schooling, Brayden is learning to rhyme words.  Everything has to rhyme with something. If it starts with the same letter, it rhymes.  If it comes close to rhyming, it rhymes.  Now instead of playing I SPY in the car, we play the rhyming game.  The other day, as we were driving out to the house for the Mommy preschool, Brayden all of the sudden said, "Jeanna has made us smart! She told us how to rhyme!!"
Yeah for Jeanna.  Although I spoke with Jeanna, my friend, about this and she is not exactly sure when she has taught any of them how to rhyme.  That's o.k.  Thanks Jeanna!  Now I am learning again that heart rhymes with.......
As I was picking Brayden up from the same house for Mommy preschool, I was overhearing a conversation that the Mom was having with one of the little girls that came that day.  Kaili looked up at the mom-teacher (as Brayden so lovingly calls them) and says to her, "What does that bird over there say? (they have a parakeet)
The Mom looks at her and looks at the bird. "UUHHHHHHH. Tweet."
I don't know why I got such a kick out of it.  Maybe just the way it was said, and maybe just because of me wondering how the other moms teach.  I don't know.
So, I guess 4 year olds learn very basic things, but they pick up on a lot of things, too.  I am glad that Brayden is finally loving going to school and loving the kids he gets to interact with.

1 comment:

  1. Canyon has been rhymning alot too... all the time- he sings the banana fana fo fana song. I think they do it the preschool they attend together. Cute comments... I should play the rhyming game in the car... I will try it.

    ReplyDelete