Thursday, October 30, 2008

It's a Thursday!!!

Today, and yesterday, and in my mind, for about a month, I have been totally rearranging my house.  We are again back upstairs with our beds.  Brian just tolerates it.  He gets frustrated sometimes when he can't find a darn thing in the house because it moves on him all the time. And sometimes he will help with the big stuff, but he sure doesn't really care to do it.  I move stuff for the pure entertainment.  I like to look at my house differently all the time.  I am always moving furniture, unless, of course, I can't move big stuff for nine months.

Anyway, this morning I thought I would get a good star
t on it.  Susan has been a big help.  If ever you need movers, we would be good people to call.  We can squeeze a king sized mattress into the smallest stairwell.  It might take a good amount of heave-hoeing, but we get the task done, along with a lot of laughter.

So, as I stated, I started out early this morning.  I dragged the dressers up the stairs.  Of course they are much easier to move if the drawers are out.  So that is what I did.  I removed the drawers and brought them upstairs.  I was battling the boys' noise of x-box and Marble Blaster Gold (a game on the computer) when I finally said I had had enough of the noise.  After breakfast they were going to not have the computer or
 the x-box on for a few hours.  We had breakfast and  I
 ended up going to the store for some dog food and Halloween candy (we can do without the Halloween candy, but heaven forbid, don't let the dog starve, even though I would like to sometimes).

I came back and found that the T.V. was on very loud, Brian and Sheyna were sitting in the chair talking up a storm to each other and this:

A GREAT CAR LOT

Kjelden has been doing this kind of thing since he could scoot a car across the floor.  He would line all the cars up and then move them all into another part of the room and line them up again.  Kjelden and Brayden were quite frustrated when I told them I had to move the dresser to get a bed through the hallway.  They asked if they could keep the cars in the dresser until I was ready to put the drawers back in them.  At this hour, 10:30pm, we are still in the dresser car lot.

You say, why was Kjelden home on a Thursday?  Well, let me just tell you.  Last night he got sick and ended up most of the night in the bathroom.  He was not about to go to school and spend his time in the bathroom.  He said, " I would miss 
out on a lot if I was in the bathroom every two seconds."

Late last night, he explained to me the reason for his illness.

Kjelden:  I know why I am sick.

Me:  O.K. tell me.

Kjelden:  Today, while we were doing marathon laps, I had my mouth open for better air and WHAM! a fly flew into my mouth.

I told him that probably was a good thought, but not the reason.  There is a flu "bug" going around here in Powell and I think he caught that, along with the bug in his mouth.







I was supposed to do Mommy Preschool today, but beca
use of the sick one, we decided to let someone else show 5 preschoolers how to make jack-o-lanterns out of milk jugs.  I am too not into Halloween.  I think maybe we have carved pumpkins one year.  Last year I saw this little idea of how to make jack-o-lanterns out of milk jugs and I did that last year.  If I can dig them out of the storage, I will get them put out in the morning for Halloween.  Then I will put them all back Saturday morning.  What a bah-humbug I am.



I have been trying very desperately to make Sheyna a binkie baby.  I thought it was going really well.  Three days before we took a trip, she decided a binkie was not so bad.  Made for a great trip.  Now..........
Is this how it is supposed to work?  I don't know I haven't had a binkie baby for seven years.  I think it's funny though.  I will try and put her binkie in her mouth and I will turn around.  Next thing I know, she has her finger in her mouth with her binkie in the other hand.  I guess I will just have to eventually get her to stop sucking her finger.......years from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment